Your Eye Examination
Your eye exam is a fully comprehensive vision assessment but also a very relevant health check.
Regular eye exams can lead to early detection and treatment of common eye problems such as cataracts, glaucoma and age related macula degeneration. Assessment of your eye health can also help to detect conditions which affect the whole body, for example diabetes.
It is important to have regular eye exams even if you don’t feel you are having any problems.
A full sight test includes:
- Discussion of any visual problems you are having and information taken regarding your ocular history.
- Measuring your vision at distance and near and determining if any prescription is required. We also monitor accommodation (how well you can focus your eyes).
- Checking your eye muscles are working well together.
- A full health check assessing the eyes externally and internally. This may include measuring the pressure in your eyes.
- Assessment of your field of vision if required (how well you see centrally and in the periphery).
- Ancillary tests e.g. colour vision, stereopsis if required
- Digital Retinal photography is available at both practices
At Richard Owens Opticians our eye examinations are approximately 30 minutes and are tailored to meet your individual needs.
At the end of your eye exam the Optometrist will fully discuss the results with you. They will consider any options for vision correction if it is required and give advice on maintaining eye health.
Comprehensive Eye Test using latest technology
Diabetic and Glaucoma Screening
Specialist contact lens fitting including, GP, toric, and bifocal lenses
Ortho K non laser eye correction
In house glazing service ( Ballyhackamore shop)
Retinal imaging system allowing examination of the inside of your eyes
Children’s eye testing